Saturday 13 February 2016

Vegetarian/Vegan shoes that I've got my eye on right now...

Hi everyone!

I mentioned in a blog I posted nearly a year ago now that I'm a lover of style and that I'm also a vegetarian who tries to avoid purchasing products made from materials such as leather, suede and fur. Since becoming a vegetarian roughly five years ago, I am always on the look out for stylish and beautifully crafted shoes that do not use animal derived materials.

As a lover of fashion, style and particularly shoes, choosing to avoid these materials can present a problem when you're on the market for something new. The choice becomes quite narrow and it's very sad that, especially in the case of men's shoes, there are only a small number of companies/designers that offer quality footwear that is not manufactured using animal derived materials.

However, there are a few companies out there that are producing incredible shoes made from quality materials that are also animal-friendly alternatives to leather and suede.

So here's a few vegan/vegetarian shoes that I'm lusting after right now...


DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post. I am just a lover of shoes with a passion for vegan footwear. Please note I do not (currently) own any of the products mentioned in this post. Images (with the exception of linked images originnally posted on my Instagram page) are not my own. No copyright infringement intended.


Jacob Boot (in brown) by Bourgeois Boheme
Bourgeois Boheme is a company that I have only discovered very recently and have yet to purchase my first shoe from them. They create luxurious vegan shoes for men and ladies that are also ethically made. From what I've seen so far, their signature design seems to be putting quirky details on a classic shoe style. You may have seen me tweet about this shoe before. The Jacob boot (and also their Roger boot) are two styles Bourgeois Boheme have to offer that I'm dying to get my hands on (or, more accurately, get my feet in!)

Both boots are a take on the classic Chelsea Boot silhouette. You may know I'm a sucker for Chelsea Boots, having purchased two Chelsea's from Will's Vegan Shoes last year (links to them on my Instagram here and here). Bougeois Boheme's Jacob boot features a zipper and buckle strap, instead of the traditional elasticated gussets, and I love that faux-suede detailing on the back of the boot.

UPDATE: I was kindly gifted these boots for my birthday this year and I am now a very proud owner of them! :-D

Paris Trainers (in black) by Will's Vegan Shoes

Will's Vegan Shoes is a company I discovered early/mid last year and I absolutely adore them. I purchased two pairs of Chelsea Boots from them last year and there are still several several shoes of their's that I have my eye on. Will's offer great quality vegan shoes for men and ladies that are ethically made. As mentioned, I've purchased from them before and they also provide excellent customer service. From what I've seen, Will's appear to be among the more affordable vegan shoe brands. Their footwear is based on very classic shoe styles..

The reason I've chosen to talk about this shoe in particular is because it's somewhat of a surprising choice for me. I'm not usually into trainers (I tend to lust over dress shoes) but I just love the look of this shoe. I think the style of this trainer is extremely elegant, and the detailing is exquisite.  This trainer is very chic and I think it would look great worn by somebody using it for sportswear or by somebody just wearing it as a fashion item.

Another pair of Will's Vegan Shoes that I have my eye on are the 81' Vegan Suede Monks.

Innovator (in blue suede) by Brave Gentleman
Another luxury vegan shoe (what is it with me and my expensive tastes?), the Innovator by Brave Gentleman is another shoe I fell in love with from the moment I saw it. Brave Gentleman is a luxury vegan shoe/accessories/clothing brand set up by fellow blogger, Joshua Katcher of The Discerning Brute. Katcher saw that there is a lack of quality vegan footwear (particularly for men) on the market and was inspired to create the Brave Gentleman line. Brave Gentleman's shoes are created with extremely high quality vegan materials and are also ethically produced. I have yet to purchase my first pair of Brave Gentleman shoes. Another Brave Gentleman shoe I love is (surprise, surprise) their Lover tan suede Chelsea boot.

The Innovator is a beautiful take on the monk-strap shoe. I believe this shoe was made in collaboration with Novacas, who are another vegan shoe brand. This shoe looks very high fashion. My favorite thing about this shoe is the stacked platform sole, which looks a little Prada inspired to me. I love this silhouette, I don't have a pair of monk-straps yet and I think this would be a perfect addition to my shoe collection.



Thank you so much for reading this blog! Maybe I'll do another one of these in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to invest in one or more of these pairs very soon! Please be sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for updates.

Do you know of anymore vegetarian/vegan shoes I should check out? Please let me know!

Josh :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment